Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018 Read-My-Own-Books Challenge

One of my biggest goals last year was to read primarily my own unread books. I didn't do as well at that as I wanted to, so I'm hoping I will be able to accomplish last year's goal this year. To help me read my own books, I have created a list of 18 reading challenges for 2018. The idea is that I can mark off a challenge only if I read a book (or series of books) on my physical bookshelf that corresponds to that challenge. Rereads do not count, and one book cannot count for multiple challenges. I'm pretty good at following reading challenges, so I have faith that I can complete this challenge and get my owned To-Be-Read list down to under 250 books. (I recognize that is still a lot of books, but I can only read so many books a year. Baby steps.) My TBR is currently at 293 books, which is just outrageous. Without further ado, here is my 2018 reading challenge:

1. Read a book that's been on your TBR the longest.
2. Read a book you bought in high school.
3. Read your most recently acquired book.
4. Read the shortest book on your shelf.
5. Finish every series you started but never finished.
6. Start and finish a new series.
7. Read a popular backlist book.
8. Read a book by one of your favourite authors.
9. Read a book by an author you've never read before.
10. Read a book that's becoming or already is a movie.
11. Read a book you received as a gift.
12. Read a book you acquired through marriage.
13. Read a book you want to give away after you read it.
14. Read a book not written in prose.
15. Read a book about animals.
16. Read a religious book.
17. Read a classic book.
18. Read a nonfiction / memoir / biography.

For updates on how I'm doing with this challenge, please see my Reading Challenges page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment