Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 Reading Goals

My main goal this year is to read books that I own. I have WAY too many books on my TBR, and despite reading more books in 2020 than I ever have in any year prior, my TBR pile was somehow larger at the end of the year than it was at the beginning of the year at 390 books. (I bought a lot of books last year. . . .) So my primary focus this year is to decrease my TBR pile as much as possible. To help me do this, I have decided that I will not buy a book unless I read three books that I own first. Obviously, this rule does not apply to gifts, since I can't control what presents I receive or when, and I'm not counting the ARCs I get from work either. So read three TBR books to purchase one. We'll see if I can follow that rule all year long. (I may already have my doubts. . . .)

I also have set a Goodreads goal of 100 books. I hope I can reach that. We'll see as the year progresses how I'm doing and if I need to adjust that, but for now, it's at 100. 

I also have a list of specific series I would like to read in 2021. These are the books that are at the top of my list that I'm currently the most enthusiastic about, and the good news is I own all of them already. 
1. The Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden
2. The Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel
3. The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer
4. The Nine Realms Series by Sarah Kozloff
5. Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking
6. The Blood and Ash Trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout
7. Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians Series by Brandon Sanderson
8. The Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin

Besides the above series, I have five standalone titles I hope to read as well.
1. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab
2. To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christoper Paolini
3. The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow
4. Steel Crow Saga by Paul Kreuger 
5. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

There are, of course, other books I have my eye on, but the series and titles listed above are the ones I am currently the most excited about reading next year. Once again though, my main goal is to read books I already own, so even if I read none of these titles but still have over 80% of my books read be from my TBR list, I would call that a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment